Thursday 22 October 2009

The Finished Cover, Contents and Evaluation

Contents


The Finished Cover


Overall, I am very happy with my front cover. It appeals to the target audience and I have succeeded in the brief for a school magazine I am very pleased in the font of the heading '6ixth Fun' because it is very different and eye-catching. I like the way I have edidted and cropped the main picture of Kirsty. I also like the idea of using the Christmas hat to show the theme of the magazine giving it a quirky look. However, I am less pleased with the additional picture because I think I could have edidted more to make it look neater and more relevent to the magazine. Also I think I could have put more information text on the cover to make it more informative and so the readers will then know exactly what they are reading.

1 comment:

  1. How do you know it appeals to the target audience? Get some classmates to post comments and then you'll know for sure (and you can use them in your evaluation).

    I agree that you could've put additional headings/straplines about what was inside, but overall it does work quite well: the red in the title, headings and photo-edge resonate with the red of the model's hat. When you do the main task make sure you:
    1. Use different photos for the other pages.
    2. Don't let your model's faces be too much in the shade.
    3. Be careful that the colours you choose for fonts stand out against the whole background; where your orange contents run across your model's darker clothing they're hard to see.

    ReplyDelete